September 22 marks the first day of Autumn 2016, so I’m starting a personal development project I’m dubbing Project Ben. I was originally going to start on September 1, but my breakup derailed any progress I was hoping to make. Now that the emotional fallout has settled, here are my goals going forward. Feel free to make additional suggestions in the comments.
* Cook more, making at least one meal every Tuesday with my roommate
* Do basic upper body exercises every two days and track my progress
* Aim for 10 alcohol-free days per month
* Track my personal finances down to the penny
* Write four posts for Unconbentional every month
* Put $200 plus my raise into investments each month
I know these don’t seem like particularly extravagant goals, but the end results should be mind-boggling just by establishing a few small habits.
In a year’s time, I will have cooked 52 more meals, increased my upper body strength, reduced my alcohol consumption by at least a third, kept mindful and responsible about my finances, posted 48 more Unconbentional articles, and put roughly $3,600+ towards my retirement – which should make for $40,000+ if I allow it to grow until I’m 65. Not bad for one year, right?
What goals do you have this year? Can a few minor adjustments change your life for the better, forever?
I wonder what The Other Ben’s goals are. Come bug us on Facebook and maybe he’ll tell us.